MK2 Parts On Ebay =

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by Richard Mk2, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Richard Mk2

Richard Mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Golf-M...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4ab0ef455f

Its beyond me that someone actually thinks they can sell this for 49.99 [:s]

Im sure im not the only one, but ive noticed lately that sellers are charging silly prices for used or as above, broken parts. Whats going on ?

Few examples -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Golf-M...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item415f831c57

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-MK2-Go...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item415eb02a1b

Especially this seller -

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/X4MGS153?_trksid=p4340.l2563

Why have used parts become so expensive ?

Would like to hear other peoples thoughts on this as i doubt im not the only one who thinks this.

:thumbup:

2. Admin Guest

loads of stuff on ebay is well over priced.

3. jmsheahan CGTI Graphics Designer

Always been the case with Ebay really chap, just walk away from it :thumbup:

Would much rather buy through a forum or owners club. I don't want to badmouth the seller you list as he's on a forum I use but agreed, the prices are ridiculous.

4. Admin Guest

I just hope that people aren't silly enough to pay these prices and keep these money grabbing, rip-off so and so's in business [:x]

A set of clocks for 99! stupid, stupid, stupid! Get a set with higher mileage for a tenner and get the drill out if you need them on lower mileage, crazy just fecking crazy [:s]

5. Richard Mk2

Definitely!

Ive had some good deals in the past on ebay, but prices seem to have rocketed.

Prices are great in the clubgti classifieds, as we all help each other out, but even on some other forums prices are sky high!

Im thinking of buying a MK2 just to strip for parts, as i think it may work out cheaper for me.

I think its down to companys not producing the parts we are after for reasonable prices, hence ebayers can put any price on hard to find parts.

The broken grille above in my first post is beyond me though [:s]

6. Andy947 Forum Addict

That guy is on ed38 and has taken many a slating for the prices.

Most of the new stuff is just bought from classic parts and price inflated for eBay.

More fool the folk buying it tbh.

7. Richard Mk2

Well said :thumbup:

You wont see me buying them thats for sure. I do tend to search through ebay for bargains, but not prices like that!

I wouldn't mind paying for new items, like from Vw Heritage or similar, but used parts for [8(]

8. Matt48 Forum Member

scrapyard for me. or big boys toys if I have too. A work mate tried to sell his black 16v mk2 on ebay so many time wasters. Sellers and buyers just as bad!!!

However got my mk4 touneau cover on there see mk4 forum

9. Richard Mk2

I dont think ive ever seen a MK2 in a scrapyard ever [:[].......

10. Admin Guest

seen loads:lol:

11. Richard Mk2

:o...

Plenty of Mk3's where i am but honestly, ive never seen a MK2 (or Mk1) in a scrap yard local to me, ever... ?

12. Admin Guest

polos, mk2 and mk3 golfs, all poverty spec are in my local.

kicking myself for not having the AC out of one mk2.

13. Matt48 Forum Member

I agree not seen a gti for a while but theres a fair few in my locals,

so i ve had a sun roof part the front bonnet slam bar or what ever you call it rear lights light switches and drivers side wing mirror and door handles amongst others. Fog lights and that was on the internet from a london scrapyard plus bumper brackets coz mine were rust and paint! Plus other bits like windscreen water pump

alsorts really over the years I;ll be down the locals this weekend!!!

14. Richard Mk2

I might have a look round a few of my local ones soon then, just incase there is any.

When i converted my mk2 Driver to a Gti, everything was bought off here in the classifieds :thumbup:

Mainly from forum member Collo and Lomax. Got to say they are top guys, who would always sort out a deal. Ive bought from many other members in the past too who have been great!

:thumbup:

15. dutchboy

dutchboy Paid Member Paid Member

Im not sticking up for these people selling things for inflated prices BUT from a business point of view, if people keep paying the prices, then the sellers will carry on charging stupid prices.

It really does annoy me though. Im currently re building my MK2 just to get it on the road and Im on a real tight budget. Some of the bits I need are just insanely expensive.

16. Richard Mk2

Your right mate. :thumbup:

Im currently doing the same with my Mk2, and wont settle for any parts that are not mint, or genuine! Im still trying to source various genuine parts but its going to cost me 's...

I dont think you can actually do a build on a budget these days. I had all my parts and budget written out for my 20v conversion and the parts to tidy it up. Ive already spent 's, have gone over budget and have little to show for it!

But i cant stop myself [:D]

17. MUSHY 16V

MUSHY 16V Moderator Staff Member Moderator

iv binned better archs than that in the second link [​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Matt48 Forum Member

well its why i started the top ten to store away for laters thread.

Even if my mk2 8v doesnt need it yet I'll have it, wish list drivers seat 5 door (red stripes?) passenger door not that mines that bad grey, spare engine and gearbox at 233800, how long I got? evrything is okay but what's around the corner.

I will ebay if reasonable but..........................

19. Richard Mk2

Me too!

And look at the price :lol:

20. Matt48 Forum Member

think about it, in 10 years half the cars on here will be scrapped and replacement parts will be even more expensive.

well maybe not half!!!:)