mk2 tailgate

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by deejay 1976, Sep 20, 2010.

1. deejay 1976 Forum Member

does any one where i could get a new one from, i cant even find pattern ones, i dont want to get a 2nd hand one as it could well be worse than the one i all ready have

2. Richard Mk2

Richard Mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

3. nealey Forum Junkie

There are always fiberglass or carbon fibre as alternatives! Will save a bit of weight as well!

4. Trev16v

Trev16v Paid Member Paid Member

Can't you just source a second-hand one locally so you can inspect it?

5. deejay 1976 Forum Member

been trawling e-bay for one, but they all seem to be 300 miles away from me,

dont want to go down the route of fibreglass or carbon

is there no where that does patten parts that still stock them as i cant find any through google

6. GrannyRacer Paid Member Paid Member

You won't get a new one, I could not. Best you can hope for is the scrappies, someone on here or keep an eye out on fleabay, that's where I got mine from and the body shop had to do some work on it but it was better than the one I had. New rear doors also are not available. Just keep looking, one will turn up sooner or later.

7. deejay 1976 Forum Member

had the parts lad spend about 3 hours trying to source one and he had no joy, so when the time comes i think im going to trawl the scrap yards as that way i can see what im buying, i dont mind doing a bit of work on a tailgate, but when there is full sections rusted inside out like mine then its fit for the bin, my doors are fine but thanks for the heads up on that,as i thought they would be available :thumbup: