MK3 AGG Transponder Coding

Discussion in '8-valve' started by bmouthboyo, Aug 24, 2018.

1. bmouthboyo Forum Member

Hi Guys,

I have an AGG in my Transporter with linked Immobiliser and only 1 key (doesn't fit my ignition barrel). I would like another spare transponder so I can try and fabricate them into 2 working keys with transponders in the key itself.

What is the best route to buying a transponder and then having it work with my existing immobiliser? I have a VAGCOM fully unlocked software but read VAG Tacho is needed or something similar?

Basically I have 1 transponder and want another :) Any advice?

Cheers

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

yes you will first need to get the SKC from the box with vag-tacho or similar, then follow the standard key matching procedure with vagcom

alternatively if you can find an immo box with 2 matched keys its simple to code that to your ecu with vagcom

3. rubjonny

this assumes mk3 type immob box, with the rounded type plugs. later cabrio/polo/lupo etc type box isnt so easy, vag-tacho wont read it only way is to get the chip inside read directly

4. bmouthboyo Forum Member

Yes it is from a MK3 95 plate but I only have 1 transponder unfortunately.

Is VAG Tacho something I can get hold of or do I need to send my transponder away? I have an unlocked VAGCOM which works however.

5. rubjonny

You can buy the knockoff cables quite cheaply, or ask around see if anyone local has the tools needed. Failign that Chris Bellman on Facebook can sort it for you no problem, then its just a case of get a couple mk3 chip keys and have local locksmith cut them to suit your locks :)

6. KeithMac Forum Junkie

You can buy cloned motorcycle keys if you have a working transponder chip, maybe see if you can have a clone made to fit your ignition barrel?.

7. KeithMac Forum Junkie

You can buy cloned motorcycle keys if you have a working transponder chip, maybe see if you can have a clone made to fit your ignition barrel?.

8. bmouthboyo Forum Member

Just had a quote of £90 for a transponder clone from my local keycutter! I will try a few more places locally but have a feeling they will charge high prices as they have most customers in a cornered market.

So my options are VAGtacho or someone on here that may offer the service. Firstly can anyone link to Chris Bellman's profile mentioned above as I couldn't find who to contact regarding a quote for a couple of transponders.

Secondly there seems to be several VAG Tacho kits on ebay but not sure which I need or what exact transponder model I will need. I have a fully functioning VAGCOM working with my setup. Can anyone point me in the right direction.

I read somewhere a guy warning people about using VAG Tacho and something about creating 'ghost' transponders that can cause intermittent immobiliser issues. Is this true of scaremongering?

This is my current solo chip:
    [​IMG]

Am I right in thinking the transponder needed is ID33 PCF7930? Is there any other specs I need to pay attention to?

[​IMG]

Thanks

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
  9. rubjonny

https://www.facebook.com/chris.bellman1

as long as it supports mk3 and will run correctly on your operating system any version of vagtacho will do you, you can go pretty old as afaik the program wasnt even around when the mk3 was built :lol:

with regards to vagtacho warning I would agree if you buy a dodgy setup off ebay, only use it to read data (i.e. the SKC code) dont try to write anything. Use your legit copy of vagcom for matching the chips

from memory that sounds correct, but chris would know for sure and be able to supply new chips as well as sort the box. I sent him a newer immo2 polo box and he pulled the code for me and supplied 2 shiny new chips to code to it :)