mk3 electric windows and relays i think !

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by andrew.whitaker, Dec 3, 2003.

1. andrew.whitaker New Member

okay Knackered and had enough of dealerships basically drivers side elec window stopped working is there a relay according to dealership no however some how i don't trust them . in fact it started to play up two weeks ago it went down ok but would'nt go up left it a while (studying hayes manual Question is there a degree course on electrcal diagrams) came back to it ,it worked.now its stopped completly . anybody got any idea where to start ?

2. CoRnBuRn Forum Member

Might sound silly but have you tested the switch? If only one direction was the problem and it was intermittent and then both directions went i'd try that first. Sorry if that's no help but seems like the easiest thing to check.
    I've had to play around with a lot of my relays recently but haven't come across anything for the windows.

Good luck

Adam

3. S1MMA Forum Member

I'd do the switch first too, easy job and will rule it out at least. My passenger side one went at 50,000 miles.

4. andrew.whitaker New Member

Good Afternoon to all. Ok, replaced the switch, and as is my luck its made no diference. What I don't get is both window switches on the drivers side don't work on the way up but the one for the passanger side works for down, so power is there! Has anybody got a clue????