Mk3 golf security!

Discussion in 'Security' started by FABVR6, Dec 16, 2004.

1. FABVR6 Forum Member

I hope somone can help me

Ive got a mk3 golf and its now been done over twice in 3 months [:x] (F*****g pikeys) with no damage to the car so im thinking there must be weakspots in the damn car!

Ive installed a clifford alarm and want to do somthing about the tailgate, i was thinking about delocking it and using a solinoid to pop it?

What else can i do?

Many thanks

2. MrBen Forum Junkie

Could move somewhere with less pikeys?!

But seriously, how are they getting in? Delocked tailgate, delocked doors (use rear handles on front), armoured door plates are all useful security mods.

3. FABVR6 Forum Member

Well it never happens where i live just other places, recently it happened in lakeside carpark [:x]

If i delock the whole car and my central locking pump goes faulty what do i do??? thats all that is worrying me ?

4. --G-- Forum Member

can you not get a rear lock that is on the under side, so that it looks de-locked? if you got that you could have that as your emergancy. if it fails just unlock it and crawl tru the boot. ? I dont know if you can get that tho,

5. Dr BlueDub Forum Member

eurotek stock the flush tailgate cover with the lock on the underside making it look delocked

6. --G-- Forum Member

marco is that the tailgate plinth?

is it a straight swap?

7. h4mill Forum Member

I locked my keys in mine once, managed to get in OK without damaging the car. Took me a while, it was damn fiddly, but then I'm no expert! Sure they could do it in no time.

I also found out how to hotwire it once, while I was working on it, never knew it was so damn easy! Scared me!

...I've since had a Clifford alarm fitted :)
    Edited by: h4mill

8. BenG New Member

I know this may sound daft but have you got rid of your door pins? Its very easy to get into any car with door pins

9. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

Do you have remote door unlock? Its possible to nick the codes for them I've heard unless you get one that changes the code every time...

10. White_golf_dude In Delete Queue

Security. It's a f***ing awkward area.

Ive had a sigma S30 system put on my golf. But since then a couple of time some bugger has tried to let themselves into my car without even triggering the alarm. So to cut a long story short, i went back to the place where i havd my system fitted and asked them what i could do, to find that i could only have an internal sirein fitted to the car and set the perameters outside of the vehicle so if anything got too close the alarm would go off.

The only problem is is that you can have a section 6 placed upon you by the local council if someone complains about it being a newsence which can lead up to a 3000 fine.

So what can you do [:s]

11. MrBen Forum Junkie

A noisy internal siren isn't going to cause problems with noise regulations though as outside the car it will be relatively quiet. But anyone inside trying to get around the immobiliser etc is going to be going deaf very quickly!

12. mbh69 Forum Member

with mine i'v delocked the front doors
    cut the interior locks down so when there locked they sit flush
    toad ai606 alarm
    leave nothing on view
    can't get in through the boot cos of the stereo
    steering lock
    be sensible where u park it