Mk3 questions

Discussion in 'ICE' started by Sp00n, Feb 4, 2004.

1. Sp00n Forum Member

Reet, im slowing upgrading my setup and now in the process of looking for some good mid range speakers. Now i want to put these in the front doors in the 6.5" hole as there is nothing in them at the moment and it'll bring the sound stage forward. Now i also have speakers in the rear doors, they look like 4" ones but thats not the point, is there anyway to get rid of these, like cover them up by buying some new rear cards or what? are there any models without rear speakers?

The other question is where are all the screws for the door cards on the mk3, the only ones i can find are the ones under the inside handle which pops off to reveal 2 large gold screws inset into the handle, any others i need to know about?

Cheers :)

2. mbh69 Forum Member

the mk3 golf has the same size components front and rear 6.5" and tweeters the door cards only have a couple of clips the rest are push on clips that break easy
    as for what speakers depends on your budget but alpine spr 165A components are very good value for money but should be amped up properly but the alpine type s series are happy to play off the headunit

3. Sp00n Forum Member

I dont want speakers in the rear doors, is there anyway to cover the holes up?

4. MrBen Forum Junkie

I would just leave them there and don't have them connected up. If you really have to get rid of them, glassfibre over the hole and cover in vinyl or something.

5. moobull New Member

Hi there,

In response 2 the MK3 speaker setup i have just purchased a 5 channel FUSION amp and Fusion front mids and tweeters im leaving the rear connected 2 the headunit and just running front and sub off the amp should sound well nice ! but i was just interested 2 kn ow if i should replace the rears as i have been advised not 2 bother as not worth it what do u lot reckon ?

6. Sp00n Forum Member

Im not sure what the rear's are like as stock as mine were upgraded when i first got the car. I'd upgrade them to something a little better than stock so it doesnt stop you from getting the fullet potential out of the system, its just something for the passengers to listen to but aslong as the soundstage is in the front of the car, thats the most important as your the one whos bloody paying for it so you should listen to it [:D]