Mk3 wheel ponderings

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by Aphex, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Aphex Forum Junkie

Hi, anyone fancy popping a set of these (montreal II?) on a mk3 golf for me, preferrably a black one.

Feel free to find a better pic of the wheels and I can pop up a pic of the car if need be, just wanted to picture it first :thumbup:

[​IMG]

2. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

ive seen a few mk3s on those and it wasnt a good look

v6 4mo wheels look nice tho

3. cockney chris

cockney chris Forum Member

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

HTH

4. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

nice wheels but in silver look wrong, seen some in gloss black on a mk3 that looked good though

5. Aphex Forum Junkie

I've seen the 17s you had chris!

6. Aphex Forum Junkie

It's hard to find decent wheels for a mk3. do like essthrees thread on his, like them but not much else out there. I shall continue!

7. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

i was thinking that!!! :lol:

8. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

in fact, bobby, do you understand the amount of grief that went into getting those wheels on chris's mk3? i transported them down from nottingham in the SNOW from d11bba's a couple years ago

they cant be changed. its in the contract

9. Aphex Forum Junkie

Haha I know, I did bear that in mind but I think the spokes are too skinny and 15s get swallowed up in the arches. I appreciate the hard work that went into them though [:D]

10. MUSHY 16V

MUSHY 16V Moderator Staff Member Moderator

11. cockney chris

cockney chris Forum Member

They do actually look ok in black.

You can't count my 17's they were a stepping stone away from the standard borbet things the early mk3 gtis had. I would have put bicycle wheels on it in preference. Those 17's should be painted black for there best look. Anyway don't diss them as I've just sold them to someone on here and he'll do you big style:lol:

IMO only 15's on a mk3 they are a lot more, well, stable than the 17's.

Those speedlines took many hours of graft to get them to shine but they could do with more work for them to be at there best, and bobby the spokes on them are quite wide on speedlines so I dont get your meaning with that, and as for the 15's not filling the arches, just lower the car so as they do fit. There I've said it and now I can't take it back.

Matts pepperpots really inspired me but they were matts baby so I couldn't have the same although I found some with black centers and polished lip at a good price but then everyone would have them. The speedlines fitted the bill as i had not seen many on a mk3.

12. Aphex Forum Junkie

I get what you're saying but if I lower it more on those wheels they'll dissappear up into the arch, loads of tuck going on and I don't fancy spacing them out any. I think the same thing about matts pepperpots too, really nice from some angles but from others look like they need spacing at least 20mm, I really likethe look of that black one up there. Cheers mushy!

13. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

yeah the black one looks good, maybe its plastic arch trim and those wheels that makes them look not so good? but done with vr6 style body look good?

14. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

what about those oz f1s?

15. Aphex Forum Junkie

Nah, not really to my liking.

With the mk3 I want to keep it fairly oem'd.

I say that and i'll end up blowing my money on some schmidts or something :lol:

16. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

schmidts are so commong they may as well be OEM

17. Aphex Forum Junkie

Yeah it won't happen. Unless I see cheap ones \o/

Not many wheels really suit the mk3. Shame really. Got loads of wheels at home in 4x100!

18. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

i have my old BBSs if you fancy painting those. do it low and paint the wheels some lairy colour

19. Aphex Forum Junkie

Cheers for the offer but ideally I want to go bigger than 15. I think the newer the car the bigger the wheel that suits it.

Definately need to get in my head I'm not driving a mk1, locked up coming up to a junction this morning trying to haul my heavy ass back down to speed

20. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

i came steaming upto a round about this morning, looked at the road and thoguht "hmmm this looks a bit shiney". the whole roundabout was covered in ice. the golf was so happy it had a waggy tail