mk4 golf 1.8t fault code

Discussion in '1.8 & 1.8T' started by gtibigboost, Jul 7, 2005.

1. gtibigboost New Member

hope some one out there can help me,i own a 1999 golf turbo engine code agu it has a jabba sport chip an induction kit also a bailey dump valve now on the throttle body side and a de-cat pipe. i replaced maf unit the other week due to poor running OE PARTthis helped a lot i cleared all the fault codes but then found it runs with a flat spot when accelerating ,like its pulling back checked fault codes and found these

00561 mixture adaption

13-10-adaption limit(mul)not reached intermittent

00561 mixture adaption

14-10-adaption limit(add)exceeded-intermittent

i have also tried turning ignition on and putting foot on gas pedal for ten secs then off gas pedal turning ign off then back on ,this does job for a bit then codes come back and so does problem, i'am changing lambda probe tommorrow but if anyone else has any more idea's i would be gratefull ,also one more thing how do you post pics

2. harry_the_cake Forum Junkie

"mul" means fault occurs over entire rev range and load range.
    "add" means fault occurs at idling.
    As they are intermittent, the faults aren't occuring all the time

The first error can be caused by incorrect reading from the MAF, but you've replaced that. Also fuel in engine oil and unmetered air downstream from air mass meter. Obviously check you haven't got fuel in the oil and then check for vacuum leaks.
    Also this fault can be caused by leaky injectors, so have a look at them.

The second fault can be caused by low fuel pressure, so take a look at the fuel pressure regulator and also the pump.
    Maybe call Jabbasport also to see if they have had this before from any of their remapped cars.

Hope that helps a bit.

3. badger5

badger5 Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

is the bailey valve sealing or leaking by?
    they can stick..

4. harry_the_cake Forum Junkie

Good point. Check that too.

5. gtibigboost New Member

thanx for your help so far

the car has done 70k i have serviced it myself including timing belt tensoniers and water pump i have changed oil and filter every 3k since i bought car at 63k the only thing i have'nt changed is fuel filter someonesaid to me this could be the prob also the car has always felt a bit like it was pulling back but only recently has it felt worse probably since fitting dump valve,when i tried a different dump valve the car ran like a bag of sh**t when i drive off i hear a high pitch whistle not the turbo something else alsowhere abouts should i be looking for vacum leaks and fuel pressure regulater is that something i have to do in vag-com

[​IMG]