MK4 Sanat Monica Alloys - Which Wheel nuts

Discussion in 'Wheels and Tyres' started by parekh, Jun 20, 2016.

1. parekh New Member

Hi

I have a 2001 MK4 golf.

When I bought the car it came with after market 18inch alloys and I have just managed to buy some 17inch Sanata Monica alloys. I belive these to be VW originals and not replicas as they have the VW stamp and Speedline written on the inside.

Anyway I thought it was a simply matter of swaping them over and now I realise that there are different types of wheel nuts depending on the alloys (the seating of the nut holes I understand).

So, how do I know what type of bolts I need for the 17s. I have tried looking round here but can see anything. I am going to assume (?) that the current set wont fit. DOnt mind getting a new set anyway as I will probably go for a better locking set.

Any ideas onthe type i need and any recommendations for where I can get a goods set of locking nut wouldbe good (GSF, ECP are close by to me if thats any help)

Thanks

2. mickey marrows Forum Member

3. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

Yes, Factory VW's use a "radius" bolt type of fitting so a standard part really. GSF might have them or ebay as mickey says.

4. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

you just need std mk4 golf wheel bolts, if you have a decent scrapyard local there should be plenty in there you can rob them from. most if not all 5 stud VW will use the same ones

5. parekh New Member

Thanks all for the quick responses. Yes I need bolts not nuts. I can check out the eBay link and local scrap yards

Sorted!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk