Mk4 tdi pd cambelt

Discussion in 'Diesel' started by BIG AL, Jan 21, 2007.

1. BIG AL

BIG AL Forum Member

Did a cambelt on one of these the other day. How the f*@k do get the engine mount bracket out? I got so peed off with it I worked around it in the end[xx(] [:x] . If any one could enlighten me on how to remove said item I would be most grateful as I see alot of these cars at work.
    Cheers:thumbup:

2. nealey Forum Junkie

they very rarely come out and if they do its a nightmare to get them back in again, just work round them, its quicker and easier than trying to remove it

3. oak8vgti Forum Member

we put two jacks under the engine, one under the sump and one under the gearbox, remove the airfilter and you'll find the gearbox mount, undo the 3 bolts that bolt to the gearbox, then you can push the engine over to the passenger side, lift it up the o/s more and hay presto with abit of giglling out it pops

when refitting the engine mount back onto the block you need to torque the bolts to 45Nm

we've had a few come into the workshop with the threads pulled out of the block because they've been overtightened by someone

4. BIG AL

BIG AL Forum Member

Cheers people! I'm glad it's not me being dense. Might try the two jacks method next time .