more issues.

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by 747heavy, Nov 11, 2010.

1. 747heavy New Member

hello there,
    anyone had this before - briefly - had a few cooling issues leading to overheating and flashing oil warning light cominbed with rattly sounding engine.
    cured cooling issues and did an oil and filter change, ran car hot - sounded lovely. thought i may have got away with any any further damage and went on a long test, after about 30 mins (water temp great, oil temp approx 76/78), pulled out of a junction with my foot planted and spun the wheels a bit on the dry road, at that very instant the oil warning light very briefly flashed then came on about five seconds later and had to pull over as it went all rattly again. instantly stopped and restarted and it was fine. (and has been since).
    is it possible my jarring wheel spin dislodged a piece of crud from the overheat which then found its way around the engine.
    my car is jetta gti mk2 pb digifant engine.

regards.

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

id have sump off, check your oil pickup. also check the oil you drain out, if its metallic brown, this is not good :lol:

3. 747heavy New Member

well it was just proper dark free running oil, what would metallic brown signify ??
    i think if it does it once more i'll drop the sump and do another oil and filter change.

4. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

metasl flakes mean Bad Things have occured inside the engine