More M4 Speed cameras

Discussion in 'Sat Nav, GPS, Camera Detectors' started by Yorkie, Apr 6, 2005.

1. Yorkie Forum Member

Just a quick heads up for any users of the M4.
    Somewhere between junctions 17 and 19 there is a 40mph speed limit in both directions, whilst widening work takes place. There is a static gatso in each direction and freshly painted white lines on the road.

Both cameras where covered over today, but the work starts soon, so please take care.

Cheers, Jamie

2. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

You say 'more' cameras?

Where else are there any apart from the 'Talivan' on the 50mph run to the Severn Bridge?

Cheers
    Edited by: Chris Eyre

3. chrismc Forum Junkie

Cheers Jamie...

Will be on that bit of the M4 going up to Malvern on Sunday, so il be sure to chuck the sites on the Road Angel ;)

4. Yorkie Forum Member

They had a gatso around junction 16 when they were doing some widening work there. Must have been a month or so back. But that ones gone, along with those road works.

I have seen only one Talivan near those toll booths. But I always slow down for them, but plenty of people don't.

Happy to provide a valuable service.

Cheers, Jamie

5. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

OK, cheers for that Jamie.

I vaguely recall the roadworks at J16.

Talivan at the Severn Bridge is one to really watch. I spoke to 2 people in the space of a day who'd tripped over it. Trouble is that the 50 zone is before any 'braking point' for the bridge tolls, so everyone is way over it. Kerr ching.