MOT Failure due to lamp

Discussion in 'Mk3' started by The db, Nov 23, 2009.

1. The db

The db Forum Junkie

Afternoon all

My current GTI failed its MOT on 2 things. I've sorted one said item out :thumbup: but need some help with the other item which was:

"Nearside front position lamp(s) not in good working order (not working)" - yet all the lights seem to be working[:s]

Any idea what this is about? I don't really want to have to replace the whole lamp...

2. cuppatea

cuppatea Forum Member

lamps

'Position Lamps' are the sidelights, not dipped or main. it may well have have been out when it was tested but is now working again. give the lamp a tap then switch the side lights on (ignition off) and it may have stopped working again.
    For the sake of a small capless bulb which is peanuts put a new one in anyway and check the condition of the wiring and bulb holder while your there. Check all the lights again to be sure and take it back for a retest.

3. The db

The db Forum Junkie

Ta - went out and had a play in the dark and its not working with iginition off. Think I'll change the bulb and take it from there. CHEERS!

4. Axewielder New Member

the tester who carried oput the test should be able to enlighten you