MoTeC ecu wet problams

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by 16VTWOODY, Jan 23, 2005.

1. 16VTWOODY New Member

iv got a motec m4 ecu fited to my mk2 16v turbo but yesterday i went out in the rain for the first time and 10 mins in to the jurny i broke down the car started to juder and stop as if the fuel had run out but i had half a tank. wen i tryed to re start it fired but wen i reved to around 4000 it back fired and cut out, every time i started it the car fired up but died strate after i de-exelerated? day after the ecu box was full of water is this the cause of the prob and is the ecu frickin focked?

any help would be much apriciated

cheers woody

2. oak8vgti Forum Member

where is it mounted, if its where the original mk2 ecu was fitted you might find that the 2 water run off holes at the edges of the panel are full of crud hence not letting water run out.

3. martyn_16v Forum Junkie

Remove the ECU from the car, open the box up and leave it somewhere to dry out. Once it's dry carefully clean the circuit boards with a toothbrush and some isopropyl alcohol . Hopefully nothing went pop while it was running wet

4. KeithMac Forum Junkie

Lenghen the loom and stick it in the car, nice and dry!