motorbike throttle bodies

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by Mikey C, Feb 2, 2004.

1. Mikey C Forum Member

anyone know what bikes have normal (single throttle valve, single injector, 4 in line) throttle bodies, and what sizes they are? (i'm lookin for smaller ones ~32-40mm but any help is welcome)

i've found these interesting on newer GSX R600
    [​IMG]
    dual throttle valve system, where the secondary valve keeps the air flow speed up to aid low end power and snap open throttle acceleration, however its all controlled by the ECU, so unfortunately not possible for my application

mike

Edited by: Mikey C

2. kraM New Member

Early 2000 bikes came with injection. The first systems use single injector, single butterfly systems. I think all Honda systems used this theroy until begining of last year.(then they got mega technicial) Try looking for a 2000 spec Honday Fireblade system, as this is probably the most car like system out there and uses (i think) 40mm bodies. Best bet, buy a copy of BIKE and a bike trader. (BIKE has a listing in the back of bikes and their fueling type, the trader will give you loads of bike breakers)
    hope this helps.

3. KeithMac Forum Junkie

First of the injected Blackbirds were single butterflies as well, the bore my be a bit bigger though?

I was recomended using `bodies from 750`s upwards when looking into it for the 1.8 16v, people have used gsxr 750/1000 for conversons.

4. prof Forum Addict

yam R1 are 40mm, which is fine up to 200bhp, the smaller you go the better the low end response will be, but at the cost of some top end welly