MS1E v3 vs MK2 vs BAM

Discussion in 'Throttle bodies & non-OEM ECUs' started by oldnick, Feb 10, 2017.

1. oldnick

oldnick Paid Member Paid Member

Right, I've read the internet and now my head hurts. I need links to pages to help me sort out finishing the board, the relevant specs are:

MS1E v3

ABF throttle body

Using the BAM VR/crank trigger wheel to run the BAM COP system in wasted spark mode.

I've soldered in the TIP122 mod to run the ABF TB idle valve, added the 2 links to use the VR signal, all according to the MS-Extra build manual.

What I'm stuck on is wiring in the ignition drivers, I'm ok to run the BAM COP system in wasted spark I believe, I've got 2 BIP 373/330R sets, but where do the wires and resistors go? I'm looking at diyautotunes 'using BIP 373 for ignition outputs' page, and I can't get my head around it.

Is there a clearer guide out there, or has someone else got this setup working already and is prepared to share?

Thanks in advance

2. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

AMK/APY/AUM/AUQ/BAM 4 wire coil packs are already amplified. So IGBTs are not required.

If you can indicate where this link needs improving I would be happy to update.

3. oldnick

oldnick Paid Member Paid Member

[facepalm]

Where on the internet was that hiding? (Yeah, in full view)

Thanks, next stupid question in a bit...

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  4. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

On the dot com site.

No questions are stupid. I had the same questions 10 years ago when I did Ben Lomas' 20v Cabrio!