Multicar policies - who are you with?

Discussion in 'Insurance chat' started by jmsheahan, Jul 2, 2012.

1. jmsheahan CGTI Graphics Designer

Looking into multicar policies at the moment as need to insure a daily diesel as well as my modified mk2. Which companies do you guys find best?

Admiral seem to be looking promising as they mirror the NCB for both cars with quotes coming in around 760 for a cruddy B5 Passat and the Golf (around 380 for each). I just have a feeling they may freak when presented with engine swaps etc though.

Is it usually better to take out 2 separate policies or try and get both cars under one?

2. jmsheahan CGTI Graphics Designer

Anyone in a similar situation?

In a position that both cars will need insuring soon. Not sure whether it's better putting the NCB on the Golf (I'm 23 so high risk I guess) or putting it on the actual daily driver. Or trying to insure an ABF'd Mk2 on a classic policy? Or both on a multicar policy?

Just looking for rough insights :)

3. Mike_H Forum Addict

Buy another car and go with Footman James classic multi-car. You don't actually need to have the third car on the road...

I'm with FJ for one lot of cars, and probably going with Haggerty for the cars with Roll Cages, as FJ tend not to insure them.

4. jmsheahan CGTI Graphics Designer

I was looking on their website earlier Mike, if they'll talk to me (under 25) they might be worth a punt. I do have a third 'project' car that would be good to insure too. Do you mind me asking were they fairly reasonable on price? (i.e less than 4 digits).