Multiport N20 required?

Discussion in 'Turbocharged, Supercharged or Nitrous !' started by set_au, Feb 5, 2004.

1. set_au Forum Member

I will be installing a conservative nitrous system on my 8V MK2 GTI sometime soon. I am looking at a NOS fogger system. Is it really necessary to go for multi nitrous injection or is one injector just after the throttle body sufficient?

2. Tarmac Terror Forum Member

Normally one before the throttle body is OK mounted in the intake tube. My understanding is that multi-port is for the serious boys, one NOS and one fuel per cylinder which gives better control and more control to each cylinder. As long as you are sensible with the jetting you shouldd't have any probs with a single fogger nozzle set-up.
    Have a look at Highpowers website, they might be able to help.. ;)

3. set_au Forum Member

Good. I will purchase the single injection version. I am only looking at 30hp jetting, coming in with WOT at a nice low rpm of 2500 just to get off the line quickly. A 10 pound bottle should last a long time. At some time later I might look at stronger engine internals and go for a bigger second stage at higher rpm. What is a good quality piston set? 83mm would be nice, but I'll leave the short stroke there.

4. Rallye Forum Junkie

Dont forget injecting 50bhp into a engine doing 2500rpm chops that shot into half it would when running 5000 rpm. Therefore 50bhp at 2500 is just as stressful as 100bhp at 5000.

just my 2p

5. edc1 Forum Member

6. set_au Forum Member

Yes, thats why I am looking at only 30hp max, and possibly a progressive controller.

7. set_au Forum Member

Yes, turning on 50hp of nitrous at 1500rpm will cause about 60% of it (plus fuel) to go the wrong way - out the air box. Put out your cigarette when some turkey does this to your car. An RPM switch in conjunction with a WOT switch eliminates this possibility. You want to ensure you car is developing at least 50hp before without N20 before adding a 50hp shot.