MY 3.2 swap mk4 is running like a bag of crap

Discussion in 'VR5, VR6 & Wx' started by PhatVR6, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Seraph Banned

kts 650?

cant beat that bosch gear - top stuff.

2. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

will check part number on FPR......i think I may have used the 2.8 one you know....

3. vrbanana Forum Junkie

650's are a bit bulky and limited, got a 550 and use the laptop with all the other software on and info + use a Pico instead of the KTS scope

Had a few gripe with the KTS software, I’m not on Bosch technical’s Christmas car list anymore :lol: :lol: :lol: but they are very good compared to the competition

4. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

the bfh engine(r32) got part no of .... 078 133 534c

the bde is 037 133 035c

i DEFINITELY used the 2.8 ecu. I had to buy a brand new fuel rail as the original one got mashed in the crash.

bugger, my audi lump doesn't have one, it's a different setup. i bet they are a bloody fortune.

5. vrbanana Forum Junkie

Should say the pressure on ETKA, if 3.5 or 4 bar. If it’s got an incorrect pressure reg you can fit an aftermarket unit after the reg but not sure about the vac pressure increase

6. vrbanana Forum Junkie

If we look at the fuel trim and crimp the return line a little (could do with checking the pressure at the same time) the fuel trim should come back into line, that’s if it is a pressure problem. First thought is an air leak tho

7. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

I'm sure it's a 4.0. will check part number tomorrow.

makes sense now. that would tie in with why the mpg figures on the mfa are really low, yet I'm still getting similar amount for miles per tank

if the pressure is low and it's having to increase the injector pulse to get the fuelling up to scrath then that will throw out the mfa as I'm sure it works out the fuel usage by going of the injector open time (i.e. it knows what the pressure is (should be) and know how much fuel the injectors use).

8. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

i got a fuel pressure reg for mine from ECP. it was a pierburg item, so not a completely no brand copy etc

9. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

i think these are bosch items.

10. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

well, it did have the correct 4.0bar FPR after all.

back to square one.

Really worried about it now :-(

11. vrbanana Forum Junkie

Did you check the position of the lambdas as per our prev conversation??

12. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

no. the way the wiring is routed around the heat sheilds makes it impossible to get them in the wrong cat.

13. Crispy 8V CGTI Committee - Club Secretary Admin

lad in work said that about the cam position sensors, until they got swapped around and it ran well

none of those faults though, miss firing on 1, 4, & 6 have you tried to clearing faults and swapping coils around see if misfires migrate
    misfire detection should be in measuring block 15 & 16 - block 4 needs to read active

idle control, with multi mis fires could be linked, only other thing would be vacuum pipe off or air leak, and of course the valve to the exhaust valve flap not wired in yet -the vacuum line going to that blocked off??

if you have stuff to take oscilloscope of output power of coils (touching lead on top of coil) common for the secondary discharge spike to be missing, but still produce enough to burn fuel

Last edited: Mar 5, 2007
  14. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

It's looking more like a vacccum leak really. that would explain the secondary air pump not kicking in, the solenoid not opening, possibly, the lean mixture, and the lumpy running.

Need to pull the front of the car off to have a proper look at it. haven't got time to do that for another 2 weeks :-(..........

15. prof Forum Addict

Daz does your fancy gizmo diagnose FIAT problems too? [apart from it being italian etc] might have to wash it after like ;)

16. vrbanana Forum Junkie

Model etc and I can check in the directory + year as OEDB gives loads of data, if its for you Ill only charge you 67553778.00 per hr [:D] [:D] half price then :lol:

Paul, if you get chance you can always have a run down as i didn't get to Harogate

17. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

i was going to go to ultimate dubs in the country, might come though in the 4 mo if you're about sunday late aft?

18. vrbanana Forum Junkie

i'm out on sunday but at work all day on sat if thats any good??

19. PhatVR6 Forum Junkie

Laura's 30th birthday...... (all day....) so i guess I can say there is zero chance of me doing anything remotely to do with cars on that day (except drive her about)

20. vrbanana Forum Junkie

:lol: :lol: :lol: Shes got to make you have at least one day off from the cars