My old faithful MK2.

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by vealige, Nov 3, 2003.

1. vealige Forum Member

Well its the first time i've waxed the car after the respray with autoglym, and quite happy with the results. Though i'm pondering selling the car, as after being in m8's RX7 i want something wih a bit more poke. :)

Shall i keep the golf or sell it[:?:] Here it is below.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Liam Forum Member

looks mint, i like red mk2s cos the red/black combination is sweet :) should be getting my soon, 3dr, big bumpers, g60 trim etc, 16x9 et15 :) coilovers, single lamp badged grille, and semi-flushed tailgate and panel just below, got it all sorted see :p

... now just need the money :(

3. JAY

Jay Forum Member

did u paint the calipers yourself? think they do look good on a red car and might do the same to mine

4. Yorkie Forum Member

Looks really nice mate.

I think u should be keeping it, RX-7's r nice but bloody expensive to run [:o}. If you change just because u want more poke then in a year or so you'll get used to something else and end up thinking "I want something faster" and so you'll gon on. The Golf really has character, and still turns heads when modded nicely. Keep it [:D]

5. vealige Forum Member

That is very true, actually. All the time and effort put into the car, its worth keeping it. Just have to get a bit more umph under the bonnet. :) How much for a 1.8T these days?

Yeh painted calipers myself, used "halfords!" caliper paint. It's almost the same shade of red as tornado red. Though you can also use heat resistant engine paint which is like 5 a tin or hammerite as thats just as good. Don't waste 20 on caliper paint!

Almost had it all colour coded, but glad i didn't! Cheers for the comments [8D] not too bad considering its done 123K.

6. Nordoff Forum Junkie

Well done mate, wish my paintwork was that good.
    which autoglym you using the resin or ultra gloss?

7. vealige Forum Member

The one you leave on for 30 mins can't remember what its called now, the results speak for themselves.

8. Taff New Member

Looks jubberly. What wheels are they?

9. Admin Guest

what about engine conversion? 1.8t?

10. vealige Forum Member

Wheels are 6.5 X 15" ripspeed 12 spokes in chrome effect. I like em something different then the usual wheels on dubs but i'd love some bbs splits!

Yeh any ruff ideas how much a 1.8 20VT conversion costs? Just after being in a few turbo cars lately, i think its time for some forced induction. ;) Defo the way forward.
    Edited by: vealige