My sons rally car

Discussion in 'The Video Forum' started by dyno, May 14, 2013.

1. dyno New Member

2. DEX

Dex Paid Member Paid Member

The rumours always were that those 1.4 16v lumps were seriously restricted from the factory (because they were in danger of showing up the 2 litre ecotec lump)- great work on 160bhp though :)

3. DEX

Dex Paid Member Paid Member

The car looks like a proper little weapon :thumbup: although you might make his life a bit easier if the steering wheel was straight lol

4. dyno New Member

Thanks Dex, they are very tunable. There is one in our class in a Corsa with 208bhp @ 10500rpm!!
    The only regret we have is that we didn't go for the 4.8 cwp instead of the 4.55 we have.
    I have an excuse for the steering wheel, we found a rose joint gone (used as track rod end) after scrutineering and had to change it without being able to track it properly.

5. Jagermeister

Jagermeister Forum Member

Dyno, Is your brother called Lance?

6. dyno New Member

Yes

7. TrackCab16v Forum Member

nice well set up car you got ther vince , your lad drives like a bat out of hell to , great show , great vid ,

will have to drop in one after noon for a power run , you know who I am been to see you a few times in my old jetta , 16v

glad to see you joined this forum , .. cheers paul

8. dyno New Member

Hope to have some more in car if your interested . Out on the Epynt ranges this weekend. Lets see if the engine will stay together this time!

9. Jon Olds Forum Junkie

Good luck..

10. jamesa Forum Junkie

Thanks ... great to see `home` again :)

Lovely crisp motor and well driven (and navigated ;)) ... best of luck this time out :thumbup:

dyno likes this.
  11. dyno New Member

Well the incar camera failed so no footage, but we were leading class when on the fastest stage where we were pulling 8800 rpm we suffered what appears to be valve bounce and bent a valve! Unheard of on these and the valve gear has only done 5 events. gutted to say the least.

12. jamesa Forum Junkie

Ouch ... `get well soon` !

13. TonyB Paid Member Paid Member

I keep on forgetting to switch my camera on!

That's a shame about the engine, much damage or just the one valve (or a pair I guess - teach you to have too many valves lol) or has it taken a few sets out? Whats the next event for you two then?

We are up on Epynt next weekend, hope this weather keeps up but I'm not holding my breath.....

14. dyno New Member

Only the one valve Tony. It broke the valve spring cap as well so that could have been the failure but i would have expected a lot more damage then and they are the steel upgraded type . Frustrating as we are using the same (apparently) as the other front runners but suffering failures no one else seems to suffer.
    Harry Flatters 28th July next one for us , on epynt again.
    I may go up for a look next weekend Tony, as for the weather , its supposed to break mid week . but as you may be aware, epynt has its own micro climate so expect anything.