N80 activated charcoal filter removal of wiring.

Discussion in 'VR5, VR6 & Wx' started by 1990, Feb 24, 2014.

1. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

SAI is gone, next plug along is the N80 one with blue/yellow and red/violet wire.

Where do the wires go back to? Can the plug be cut off and wires removed?

2. 1990

This is the plug:
    [​IMG]

3. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

same as the n112, 1 wire to ecu and the other into the fuel pump feed wire. trace back as far as you can be bothered and chop off + insulate. the fuel pump feed can be re-used if you need to or not if you dont :)

4. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

The wires/components can be removed providing the ECU will have the software altered, to turn off the drivers and diagnostics to those outputs.

5. 1990

Cheers guys,

What is the charcoal filter suppost to do?

6. 1990

Also, is it possible to pull pins from the ecu plug to save me cutting a shutting?

When I remove the wires for the rear lambda I'm going to have more cut than attached lol

7. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

it recirculates fuel tank vapour into the engine, with the mk2 tank this is just vented to air.

you can indeed remove the pins, all you need is a small pick. take the plastic cover off the back of the ecu plug and note theres a purple tab in the end, slide that out and the white/black pin blocks pull out the back of the connector. then if you turn them sideways you can see all the pins, near the end theres a tinly slot where the locking peg of the pin sits, you use the pick to lever the peg flat and push the pin out. a little fiddly but not hard :)

only thing is i would use a little smear of silicone or similar to seal the hole in the rubber block once the pin and wire are removed to stop any moisture getting in