need help! 1.8tsi ea888 (med17.5) with narrowband o2, to wideband o2 with new med17.5

Discussion in 'FSI (inc. GTI 2.0T)' started by hifonicy, Sep 19, 2015.

1. hifonicy New Member

Hello@all

I have a 1.8tsi BZB with only a narrowband o2 sensor. because I have a big turbo setup, I want to change the ecu and put a wideband o2 sensor on it.

The 1.8tsi is absolutely the same engine like the 2.0tsi with the same ecu and the same engine wire harness. the newer facelift of the 1.8tsi has two o2 sensors, one wideband and one narrowband. so I bought a med17.5 that is for two o2 sensors and need now to know... how to connect the wideband o2 sensor. for a test, I swaped the ecu and started the engine... the engine shuts down after some seconds and the only DTC that I saw on vag com was that I have no wideband sensor connected, something with EVAP and that the immobilzer is not correct.

So the EVAP and immo can be switched off.

Only how to connect... if somebody knows... on wich pins on the med17.5 I have to connect the wideband o2 sensor with the 5 wires.

Thank's for your help.