Netgear router shizzle #2

Discussion in 'Computers and Consoles' started by A.N. Other, Sep 12, 2011.

1. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

This is an old pre-wireless broadband router from Tiscali but IIRC various suppliers used them.

USB one end, plug into the ADSL filter at the other.

I attached it, it found some install software on the net, but that's it, doesn't seem to be doing anything [:s] Any ideas?

Really fancy going back to wires! I hate my laptop, but the Netgear has just queue-jumped itself ahead for total obliteration!! Coming to the internet sometime soon, I can feel it!!

2. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

I've re-set it. Pressed the button once - nothing. Kept it pressed for ages - still no reaction from the lights or anything...

Is this what you'd expect?

3. andypaterson Forum Member

I would personally expect all the lights to go off for a bit, then start coming back on after a few seconds.

4. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

Pretty sure it's fecked. Refuses to show a default gateway. Had a chat with the pretty helpful lot at PC World earlier, and instructions were same / similar. I tried to force a default gateway on the second LAN tab, but it wouldn't take it, so I'm out of ideas.

Thanks for the assistance. Bit of a p*sser to find a router that sits in the corner is now a disposable IT scene tax item. Waste of time!

It's taken a good hour to guess my way and find downloadable software to run this (CD lost), and finally got some Vista drivers here.

So it's back to the old skool now, and something I can see: wire [:*:]

Danster is proud :p