Netgear router shizzle #3 - resetting problems

Discussion in 'Computers and Consoles' started by A.N. Other, Nov 20, 2011.

1. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

Further to the previous threads on this here & here, my beloved Netgear Router has for some reason refused to reset itself of late, so I wonder if anyone could offer any pointers?

After the two previous threads, I decided to implement the 'hard reset' solution. Bound to work I thought:

[​IMG]

Unfortunately, no Haynes manual exists for these, but if one did, it would say 'reassembly is reverse of removal'. I am struggling with this particular step however [:s]

I think the problem possibly lies here:

[​IMG]

Then again it could be here:

[​IMG]

Last time I asked this question, does it apply again?

Meantime, sterling reliable* internetz service is being supplied by my Thomson wired broadband Speedtouch modem, dated 2006 [8D]

* but I can't figure out why it brings up the dial-up box randomly when it fancies it, even when connected to Wireless elsewhere. But I hardly give a f**k!

2. danster Forum Addict

Apparently the chips from that model of router when installed upside down in a 1.8T ecu can give more powarr!
    It's something to do with N75 valve........

PS, That bit of heavy copper wire is probably worth weighing in for scrap. :thumbup:

3. Admin Guest

Easily fixed:

Just solder track 75 and refit the 10pF electrolytic capacitor C10, rewind the coil, refit the main Uart IC, solder track 187 to resistor R75, resolder leg 6 of the ROM IC back to track 189, refit resistor R98, refit the usb socket back the daughter board and refit resistor R129, resolder track 16A to IC 56 leg 6, refit resistor R184, refit capacitor C110 back to track A19..................nearly there.................replace daughter boards and resolder I/O links, refit USB socket and replace the antenna, FINALLY.......................replace the main outer casing part number 12-A1938 and rim casing part number 19-F1930.

Edit: Ooops forgot to say the RJ45 socket will need replacing too.......

Job done :thumbup:

4. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

Fit 280mm carriers from a mk3

5. Trev16v

Trev16v Paid Member Paid Member

A 10pF in electrolytic?! Pfft, no wonder it didn't work. :lol:

I think that BGA package is going to need re-balling as well.

Thank f*ck you have smashed it up. When I saw the thread title I was going to say "Chris, why the feck are you still trying with this damned router"...