Neuspeed supercharger - bolt on worries!

Discussion in '8-valve' started by gjk, Jun 2, 2008.

1. GJK

gjk New Member

I've found a supercharger kit in the u.s for the mk 4 golf 2.0l 8v. I am just wondering if anyone has any "hands on experience" of the kit by Neuspeed? I'm not convinced of the bolt - on ability of this product as there is no mention in the sales blurb of the need for low comp pistons - which worries me alot. If anyone knows more than me please drop us a reply

2. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

They are pretty well tried and tested in the states - try VwVortex of HardcoreVw for reviews, but I've never heard any horror stories. Modern engines can take a bit of boost without any compression lowering, and although I'd be a bit sceptical of thier numbers, at least it comes with a chip to sort the fuelling. Just make sure it's compatible with a UK car before you order it - RHD, and I've no idea if the engine management is the same - the yanks tend to have quite a bit of gay emissions stuff on their cars.

3. GJK

gjk New Member

Thanks for the reply. I've done a bit more homework and, alas, the kit only fits LHD cars, but thanks for your help.

4. pigbladder Forum Addict

chances are the lhd engine is almost indentical save things like the trottle cable

are they not for the crossflow beetle type engines tho? (cba to go look)

5. GJK

gjk New Member

I think your right, both engines should be identical - so in theory it should fit. I e-mailed Awesome GTI and they said it would only fit the lhd cars but, there's a picture on the Neuspeed website that shows the kit fitted and the engine bay isn't so different. I'm just wondering if the brake servo might get in the way on a rhd car?