Neuspeed Supercharger

Discussion in 'Turbocharged, Supercharged or Nitrous !' started by Joe_Gti, Dec 29, 2003.

1. Joe_Gti Forum Member

Hello,

I 've been browsing the Neuspeed website, and checked out the mk3 8v super charger. They reckon it gives at least 90 bhp additional power, and costs about 1800.

What else would a standard engine need to accomodate this? I know that with turbos you have to redo the engine compression & all of that stuff so is it the same with a super charger?

Thanks

2. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

I think it's a bolt-on kit, no engine work needed. Gets pretty shit reviews on the Vortex due to the fact that there is no provision for an intercooler. There's also the small problem that you need an american spec crossflow head, which I'm guessing you don't have.....
    And you can bet on the price being nearer or over 2.5k once you've paid all the shipping and import taxes.

3. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

And it only gives you a claimed 43-45hp at the wheels difference...... [xx(]

4. RoyF18 Forum Member

There dosn't really seem to be any bolt-on supercharger or turbo (now Turbo Technics have stopped) kits for UK-spec VWs unfortunately. You can obviously make stuff fit by mising/matching/modifying parts but that can be expensive depending on how competent you are yourself.

5. Jimbob Forum Member

Edited by: Jimbob

6. Joe_Gti Forum Member

Thx guys, bit of a bugger that. mmm ok..

Jimbob have pmed you, please keep on topic!

7. tylerrules84 Forum Member

I'm learning to trust Neuspeed less and less as of late. It seems like they used to have some pretty good products, but as of late have been appealing more to the boy racers.