New Man Cave - Double'ish Garage

Discussion in 'Garages, workshops & DIY' started by Deako, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Well, its been a busy old week. We just moved house again, in order to move closer to work (within 5 minutes walking distance) to take the mileage off our car and so that we can get back to the dog at lunchtimes to let her out and save money on buying lunches at work, or driving to subway each day. Packed lunches are a pita, so we dont tend to bother.

Finally got round to starting to sort the garage out today, as it was very dusty, loads of leaves in it, spider webs, bits of old wood etc. All of which have needed a fair bit of work to start to clean up (also considering our house is still upside down on the inside with boxes everywhere).

Plans are to paint the garage floor as well. Also, i might slap some white matt paint on the walls in order to provide a bit more light. There is power to the garage as well as strip lighting. I have 3 double sockets around the man cave.

Here are the pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Admin Guest

nice decent size, the doors big enough to get the car through with ease?

Wish our house had a decent garage, some fool cut it in half:(

3. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Yeah, the picture is deceiving. The door is quite large. Plenty big enough. Just outside the garage there is a turning circle too.

Might plaster board the ceiling too if dust becomes an issue.

4. danster Forum Addict

That looks like an excellent size. Room for the car and storage / work space too. I would just move in now. :lol:

PS, Is that Vanessa Paradis in the back ground of pic 4? ;)

5. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Plenty of space for hanging garlic etc, yes yes. :) Yes, that is my wonderful wife in the background.

I think its wide enough for 2x cars, but some of the cupboards might need to go for that. Thats down the line though, for now, it will just be cleaning space so i can finish the car off in the dry with the crap weather we get here, and a home for the car while we are at work. :thumbup:

6. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

Very nice cave there [:D]

Soon have that ready for work!

What's going to live in it? !!

7. drunkenalan Paid Member Paid Member

i would definately paint the walls it make loads of difference! the only problem i have had with painting the floor is the tyres pulling the paint up if the car sits still for too long.

8. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

The Clio 200 is going to live in it for now. :) Hopefully another project at some stage in the future.

9. BristolFish

BristolFish Forum Member

Is that blood seeping up through the floor in the second picture? Did you get the house at lower than market value, for a quick sale? ;)

10. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Lol. Someones crap effort at painting. Buying houses at the moment is for mugs and the wealthy. We aren't either and houses like this are knocking on 200k around here. Renting is much safer for us. Took 5 months of checking Rightmove every day before this house came up.

11. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

Nice Luke, want your old golf back? heater matrix has just gone and I sorned it today so it wont be doing much for a while....

12. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Sorry Nick. Moving house has just cost us 2k. Probably get another Mk1 track car next, unless I can find the right Mk2. Might not even bother for a couple of years until the Clio is done with as it's perfectly capable on track.

13. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

lol, Ill do the matrix soon, sort the wiring and fit a new alarm and then probably dry store, have been really enjoying it recently but even I think I have too many cars atm. We will both have to get on the track at the same time sometime in the future thou:)

14. Mike_H Forum Addict

Which one of Deako's many ex vehicles have you got?

15. Mike_H Forum Addict

Ug! Good um cave!

Put a vehicle door in the back and you can start a collection / small scrapyard in the back garden - better than all that shrubbery nonsense ;)

16. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

Excuse the crap iPhone pics. Was nearly dark and couldnt be bothered to get the camera. Spent another hour on the garage this evening after spending a couple of hours on the garden last night. Starting to get there, nearly ready for its new resident now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You might think they look the same as the previous pics, but ive spent a lot of time sorting things out, and the floor is still so very very dusty. I need a more powerful vacuum to be honest.

17. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

:lol:

18. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

19. Mike_H Forum Addict

Looks a tidy car. Luke buys pretty well I think. He just doesn't stick with the decision for very long.

20. Deako Paid Member Paid Member

For the money it was a good buy, considering what was on it. Just a shame it had been left to stand for 5 years, and the gearbox oil had run dry (then seized in gear as i got off the M42 - astonished it made it all the way from Yorkshire to Birmingham to be honest with only 1 breakdown). Just needed a bit of grinding back and sealing up on the underside.

Nick ended up going to town on it though. :thumbup: