New sub got power but thats it

Discussion in 'ICE' started by dave18, Jun 14, 2010.

1. dave18 Forum Member

Hey peeps, just got a sub, amp and enclosure from halfrauds, I already have an amp that powered the speakers,

So i wired the sub up, took the leads on the back off the head unit from the rear speakers and put them into the SUB ports.

The green light comes on and you can hear some very very low crumble but thats it, any idea what it could be, ive selected SUB on the head unit played with the bass but that only controls the speakers.

There is two dials on the sub one Gain the other Freq, ive played with them both and all they do is make it quiter,

Any one got any idea what the fook is going on, is it fooked ??????

2. tshirt2k

tshirt2k Forum Junkie

The sub should only play below 100hz. I have mine set from the HU to crossover at 80 Hz. Do you have settings in your HU for the sub output?

3. Richard Mk2

Richard Mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

Have you wired the sub directly from the amp yeah?

What amp do you have? 2 channel, 4 channel, Mono.

If there is more than one channel make sure you have bridged them correctly -

Eg - Positve to Red on sub, negative to black on sub.

4. Richard Mk2

Richard Mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

This is where you maybe going wrong mate.

Have you put 2 sets of wires to the sub. If so you only need one set.

Im guessing you have a two channel amp.

Bridge it like this - :thumbup:

[​IMG]

5. dave18 Forum Member

cheers for the replys peeps,

Didnt make my self clear. The amp and sub are as one, so there is only 5 wires,
    2x rca
    1x power
    1xneg
    and switch

As for settings, there is two dials, gain and freq one makes it slightly better the other does nowt. there is a switch that says PA or Full ,

I might go out and wire the sub its self to the 4ch one that does the speekers again using your diagram. cheers peeps

6. dave18 Forum Member

Just had a quick play and still nowt realy, All it does is a constant hum like being in a plane, ive switched the RCA over twice, i tried it with my other amp as per diagram and nowt.

I use the striped cable as + and on the back of the sub it has a red and a black terminal, i connected my + to the red terminal.

When i wired it back to its own amp its got a silver and a gold cable, so i wired the gold to the red terminal.

this is ****ing me off now. [:x][:x][:x]

7. danTbone Forum Member

what head unit is it . it should have sub control some where on the headunit it could be turned down .
    fader could be faded to the front so hardly any volume to sub. the hum sounds like dodgy rca leads,or faulty sub