New to ClubGTi

Discussion in 'Say 'hello' in here.' started by EightySixGTi, Mar 2, 2023.

1. EightySixGTi New Member

Good evening all

After parting with my previous Bmw M3 ive been without a car for the last 2 years and stuck with just the work van. After a relocation and change of circumstances I've decided to look into getting myself back in the drivers seat.

After many years of old Ford's mainly RSturbo's and BMW E30's and M3''s I decided to scratch an itch I've had for a long time and aim to get myself a Mk1 Golf GTi. Although many moons ago, I've been to a few VW shows and meets over the years with friends in the VW scene and always had a big soft spot for the Mk1.

This is the first forum I've stumbled on that looked interesting with activity so I hope to stick around while doing the required research into the Mk1 and VW in general as I'm completely new to VW's and the scene.

Any advice, pointers in the right direction welcome.

I will throw up some pics of previous cars and projects to share when I work it out.

2. costel1969

costel1969 Paid Member Paid Member

Hello & Welcome

3. Savagesam

Savagesam Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Hello, and welcome.

You’ll be able to upload directly to the website after 10 posts just so you’re aware :)

4. stephen stanyer Forum Member

Welcome to the forum.

5. dragonfly

dragonfly Paid Member Paid Member

Greetings!

6. EightySixGTi New Member

Thanks for the welcome :thumbup:

Thanks for the info. That's good to know for future pics I take. Unfortunately all my older pics are on 2 upload sites I haven't used for years so having a little trouble getting in to them. I will get it sorted at some point though :)

7. Quiksilver

Quiksilver Paid Member Paid Member

Welcome to the forum.