No starter

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by homerhobson, Nov 12, 2010.

1. homerhobson New Member

Il cut it short, last week forgot to couple up engine earth strap, melted the ecu. Obtained a new ecu put in car and it wont start. Took plugs out and put on side of engine to see if they are sparking and they are not. It does how ever spark when you turn on the ignition also large spark sound coming from the distributor. What else could i have fried, To me there are only two other things the internals of the dizzy or the coil, i have put a different ignition amp block on top of the ecu so i cant see it being that, im completely stumped, it obviously will spark becasue it is it just isnt sparking repeatedly, any help will be greatly appreciated because im sick of going to work on my motorbike in the rain.

Thanks

Ben

2. homerhobson New Member

additional notes

Just checed over afew things and whether its becasue the batery is low but all of a sudden the fuel pump has started running continusly and the spark at the spark plug is sparking continusly thats with out cranking the enging over. Im charging the battery to see if its a very low battery. The fuel pump didnt do this when i connected it earlyer witha strong battery. all earths are very good have muti metered them and there spot on both gearbox and rocker cover. The coil is obviously working because a spark is being generated. could i have done some thing to the hall unit and how do i test it.

3. shaz8389

shaz8389 Forum Junkie

Fuel pump running constantly suggests a friend ECU sadly.

4. homerhobson New Member

Just a quick up date, it was indeed the ignition amp on top of the ECU changed this round with a newer one, checked all wiring again, charged battery, started 1 turn.