Norton Anti virus

Discussion in 'Computers and Consoles' started by danthevan, May 29, 2004.

1. danthevan Forum Member

I got Norton systemworks pro on my comp, all fully updated and seemingly running lovely. Ive been getting quite a few messages bouncing back from my email saying they contain viruses blah blah blah. Norton didnt pick up a thing, it took a free online scanner , Panda antivirus, to pick up 4 viruses !!!!!
    And i thought norton was supposed to be one of the best !

2. martyn_16v Forum Junkie

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Norton is utter monkeypoo, it misses stuff, is sooo slow in itself and also brings your PC to a grinding halt. That's when it's working... [:s]

Best I have ever used is NOD32, so much less intrusive than Norton and actually works, which is a bonus. If you don't want to pay then AVG is a good option, amazing product for your money :)

3. danthevan Forum Member

AVG is pants compoared to norton..... well used to be anyway ! Seemed to take em a month to do any updates! Never had any probs with norton before now on any of my pc's.......... well, not that i know of anyway !
    :lol:

4. martyn_16v Forum Junkie

True, but then what do you expect for free? TBH I haven't used it for quite a while now, but i imagine they'll have an update out pretty rapidly for a major virus event(blaster etc), it's just the little ones that are a bit infrequent.

Another customer confident in their virus protection :lol: :lol: