Oil light flashong above 1000 RPM

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by JonH, Dec 17, 2003.

1. JonH New Member

I finished fitting my 3A 2.0 ltr engine to my Golf Cab
    about a month back and all is fine apart from the oil light flashes when the car is revved above 1000 Rpm ?!

When it is idling it does not flash.

There is no buzzer sounding when this happens either ?

At first I had a low oil temp and a high water temp. but I realised that I had the senders the connected wrong way round !

I have popped the Oil Pressure switch out of the head when its running and there is loads of pressure in the head so the oil pump is good !

Anyone had this problem B4 ?

Gonna go and get a load of senders and pressure switches from the scrappers tomorrow then start having a look for real !

2. pigbladder Forum Addict

try a cheepy 10 oil pressure gauge ..if its got good pressure then you can play around with senders at your leisure

3. JonH New Member

The Haynes manual for the 3A engine states an oil pressure of 2.0bar min. @ 2000rpm and 80oC oil temp

Does this sound about right ?

My oil temp is more like 100 to 120oC but it does rise to 136 - 140 bur when it does this it sometimes drops to 120 in an instant !
    This is making me think there is a leccy problem ?

Can anyone give me the correct part nos. for the VDO Water temp and oil temp senders fitted to MK1 Golfs ! (Cos they are not in the Etka Catalogue)

Cheers

Jon