Over fuelling mk 2 gti 8v?

Discussion in '8-valve' started by tosh83, Dec 5, 2010.

1. tosh83 New Member

I there. My 90 spec 8v seems to be over fuelling. If you drive at full or nearly full throttle it has no probs and seems to go like a train, popping and flaming occasionally as you come off the throttle. However if you leave it to sit for 10mins or drive it about town on light throttle it will start to stutter to the point where you have to pull over and stop. If left for a couple of mins and then restarted and revved it will fire up and clear itself, usually with a load of unburnt petrol coming out the exhaust. It is also idling quite high, up to 1500rpm, if you rev it up a bit it will usually die down to 1000-1100rpm and unplugging the isv makes no diff to the idle speed. The isv does seem to be working ok, it's buzzing, but i've given it a clean out just in case. Guessing this is to do with the over fuelling? The only other thing i have noticed is a whining sound from the drivers side rear kind of area, high pressure fuel pump i think? Anyone got any ideas. The only idea i've had is a faulty blue temp sender?
    Cheers
    Tim