Paranoid......?

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by Scuttle, Oct 25, 2003.

1. Scuttle New Member

I have to do some work on my digipig 8v. I keep hearing horror stories about things not working when you reconnect the battery. What's the reality ? .. I've read stuff about taking the dash fuse out etc. to get things working ...? does it affect the ECU ?. I've just got it running nicely. Am I kacking my pants for nothing ?!
    Any info appreciated and no scare-mongering!

2. RoyF18 Forum Member

I've disconnected the battery on mine loads of times and never had any problems, however I have heard of it knackering some of the more delicate electronics on other peoples cars (like the MFA) but never have trouble myself.
    With that in mind I try to minimise the number of times I disconnect the battery. Also don't blame me if something does arse up on your car if and when you disconnect the battery cos I do know it can happen [:s]

3. pigbladder Forum Addict

should be fine...way to damage stuff is..cranking it over till the batt goes flat = poss damage to mfa or leaving the earth lead of the gearbox..that kills the ecu

4. Scuttle New Member

OK, thanks. It's just I haven't had it long so I didn't want to screw it up already !
    cheers.

5. Phil

Phil Forum Member

I usually unplug the MFA on mine, when doing electrical work.