Part Identification Needed Please..

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Technical Queries' started by misterpaterson, Apr 19, 2010.

1. misterpaterson Forum Member

Hi guys, yet another random part lurking in the door pocket of my new project (mk2 89 GTI). It has a part number (191 937 071) but I searched google for it but couldnt find a match... I'm assuming its a part of the dash, or under a seat maybe?? I had a look but cant seem to find a place for it, anybody know where and how it fits? Could it be a fuse cover?, I noticed I have the clip in front fuse panel but if you look under the dash you can see the fuses, should they be covered? Any help is always appreciated! Thanks :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. misterpaterson Forum Member

Ok, think I sussed it, assuming I have this right it is a fuse cover for underneath and clips to the sides of the fuse box?

3. theboymike Forum Junkie

ETKA describes it as "Central Electrics Cover" and it goes somewhere near the fuse box, although I don't recognise it..

4. misterpaterson Forum Member

Yeah after much head scratching it seems to just clip to the bottom of the fuse cover and covers the wiring at the back, I'll get a pic up tomorrow of where I have it now just in case I've made a mistake.

5. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

yep thats right, clips under zee fusebox. its a CE1 thing :)