Passat SE TDi

Discussion in 'Passat' started by VRSteve, Jul 3, 2007.

1. VRSteve Forum Member

ive just bought the above:

its the 4 door saloon, a 1997 on a 'P', covered 169,000 miles with full vw service history upto 159,000.(ex reps car) has had 3 cambelt changes and is as far as i can see so far solid just about everywhere. its got CD changer/AC/ABS/tow bar etc and it has the 110bhp engine.

i bought it for towing the trailer with the golf on and for use as an everyday car.

i paid 1450 for it ......

Good buy or not? let me know what you think

2. gorilly Forum Member

is it a tdi?

when you say ex reps... if its been run up and down the motor way then cant be bad!

3. inoakgreen Forum Member

more than capable cars!! is that how much they fetch (you checked autotrader/ebay)??.
    has it been used for towing before?? if so, what???

4. VRSteve Forum Member

yeh its an SE TDi. just spoke to TSR and they say u can map them up to about 140 bhp and 230 ft llb !!!!

yeh i think he was doing weekly commuting from the south west to london or that area.

Parkers say its prob worth 2100. they seem to be going for about 1900 on the bay at the mo.

ive no idea what its towed, ive checked the bar and the chassis and nothing is loose or even looks worn apart from what you would expect (dirt/grime etc)

So i Shouldnt have any probs towing a trailer with mk3, plus tyre rack etc???