Passenger doors won’t unlock - **Help**

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by B33ma247, Sep 4, 2022.

1. B33ma247 New Member

Hey Guys and Gals,

I’m really struggling with this one. I purchased a 2005 Golf GTI FSI 2.0 the other day and am finally trying to sort this issue.

I don’t have a remote fob, just a basic buttonless key. When I unlock the drivers door, it will ONLY unlock the drivers door.

All passenger doors (including the boot lid), will stay locked. I have to use the handle from the inside to unlock them all. This includes the “unlock button” on the driver door card.

However, if I lock the door “using the door card button, or the key in the drivers door, it WILL lock everything.

This is where it gets a little crazy, I’m unable to lock anything before I present the key in the ignition first (almost like the car doesn’t know it’s actually been unlocked yet).

If anyone can shed some light on this issue, that would be great. Thanks!

2. B33ma247 New Member

I forgot to mention, I also pulled 2x codes, however I’m not sure they’re totally relevant as this maybe the effect from this issue:

Code: 01713 Supply Voltage for Door ECU Rear Left (J388) Lower Limit Reached - Intermittent

Code: 01814 Supply Voltage for Door EU Rear Right (J389) Lower Limit Reached - Intermittent

Last edited: Sep 4, 2022
  3. dodgy

dodgy Paid Member Paid Member

Is it the old microswitch in door lock syndrome, audi suffer with it, as does my polo occasionally, switch wears and doesn't contact properly.
    Sure there was someone that had it lock permanently and had to take doorskin off to get to it, might be worth swapping it before gets to that point, our mgf started locking and unlocking about 20 times when activated it, changed it just in time, next stop is destroy door to remove it on them.

Sure someone more knowledgeable on mk5s will contribute or confirm.

4. davidut5 Forum Member

Check fuses for rears and wires between driver door and pillar for locking. Could be door lock mechanism at fault, cheap used ones, even new.