Past, as in back in the day, VW Dealer.

Discussion in 'Scirocco' started by SteveT63, Oct 1, 2012.

1. SteveT63 New Member

Hi Guys
    Picked up a Scirocco GTX last night from Barnstable area, I owner since 6 months old, been stood in his garage since mid 90s. It needs a clean and a good dose of elbow grease but it's all there and looks great in Blue! never seen seat bolsters as sharpe!!
    It has a plastic badge on the rear offside, Munn and Chapman. Does this place still exist?
    Pictures to follow but wondered if anyone has an info about the Dealers it came from and also any pictures of the logo that may have appeared in the rear screen and on the number plates.
    Cheers Guys
    Steve

2. themylward Forum Member

Hi mate, sounds like you've got a lovely car there! Can't wait to see some pics :thumbup:

I've just had a look through an old list of VAG dealers I have (from 1989) and the only Munn and Chapman listed is in Little Chalfont, Buckinghamshire.

Munn & Chapmann ltd
    Chalfont Station Road
    Little Chalfont
    Buckinghamshire
    HP7 9PN

A quick google of the postcode brought up a Citygate VW with a similar address. The garage must have changed hands but it is still there, possibly in a different building...

Station Approach
    Little Chalfont
    Amersham
    Buckinghamshire
    HP7 9PN

Hope this helps.

3. SteveT63 New Member

That's brilliant thanks for that. Also what would have been the original stereo fitted? 1984 8 valve. My Audi 80s of the same era where Blue Spot, would it be the same for the VW. Got a few of those!!

4. IanAudiA4 New Member

In 1985 and 1986 GTX's were fitted with standard a Blaupunkt Cambridge radio cassette. In the 1987 and 1988 brochure it is just listed as a Blaupunkt radio cassette.
    Sounds like a belter of a car, be nice to see some pictures.
    Good Scirocco site is the Scirocco Register.

5. Mike_H Forum Addict

I've got a Munn & Chapman badge on the back of my track car - a G plate Mk2 Scirocco Scala.

I bought a C Plate GTX a couple of years ago. Hope your rear arches are better than mine under the body kit.

6. whitemk2 Forum Member

Munn & Chapman have been gone a while and its now the Citygatw VW as mentioned above. One of the older guy's at work who live's out that way said they've been gone 10 to 15 years + now

7. bazzagolfgti Forum Member

thats where my old red mk3 came from munn & chapman

8. macdaddy New Member

Long shot re-opening the thread but does anyone have any artwork or pictures relating the the Munn & Chapman dealership? I'd like to get some new dealer stickers made up.

Thanks