Penalties!!!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by monza 16v, Jun 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt GTi Forum Member

Can you explain were there was a foul in that situation? Because nobody else in the world apart from you and the ref seemed to see it.

2. b'locks Forum Addict

i guarantee if you weren't scottish then u wouldn't be of that opinion.

the ball came off the bar, sol and another english player (Lampard??) jumped up to head the ball in...sol obviously got to it. the other player had his eyes on the ball at all times and as he jumped obviously his arms went up with him (try jumping as high as you can without lifting ur arms) and his left arm ended up on top of the keepers left shoulder. he wasn't obstructing the keeper, he was going for the ball. if anyone fouled the keeper i think it was one of his own players! it was a goal, there was absolutely f*ck all wrong with it. ask any UNBIASED football fan/commentator/player or whatever and they'll tell you it was a legitimate goal and England should be in the semi's.

/edit

and i'd just like to add that the fact that the referee actually disallowed the goal because of an apparent PUSH (wtf??!!) speaks volumes.
    Edited by: b'locks

3. Matt GTi Forum Member

(It was Terry btw b'locks)

4. b'locks Forum Addict

oh right cheers :)

5. coullstar Forum Member

Go to the BBC website and look at the story about the England game. They go through the comments from newspapers through out Europe and as is said in the article nobody mentions that it should have stood in fact they doent mention it at all. Theres your unbiased opinion. Terry basically obstructed (obstruction is a foul) the keeper.
    Doesnt matter if he didnt mean to do it, its still a foul.
    Edited by: coullstar

6. Matt GTi Forum Member

He didn't obstruct the keeper at all. The keeper couldn't jump due to the fact he was on the back foot from trying to get to the initial header that hit the bar. He moved himself sideways into Terry, who was there before him.
    Obstruction is someone getting in the opponents way deliberately. Terry was going for the ball, not the keeper. It does matter if you mean to do it. The way you describe it is that a striker could run into a defender who is well out of the way and get a free kick. In this case it shouldn't have been a foul.
    Edited by: Matt GTi

7. Enigmatik33 Forum Member

arm was round shoulders, back foot or not :lol:

8. Matt GTi Forum Member

No it wasn't. Terry was going for the ball, and Ricardo couldn't jump due to his own position, and fell into Terry. At no point did Terry gain leverage from the keepers shoulders. I believe I'm right in saying as well that Ricardo himself didn't appeal, only a couple of the players around him. Which, if i'm right, speaks volumes.

9. Enigmatik33 Forum Member

at the end of the day game over and england is going home ;)

10. Matt GTi Forum Member

Very true, but after a great injustice. It's nice to get the oppurtunity to come home though, rather than stay at home scratching our arses. :lol: ;)

11. Enigmatik33 Forum Member

we've not scratched our arses, we've spent weeks taking the urine out of england and suporting various other teams :lol:

12. nuttinnew Forum Member

If obstruction is a foul why didn't Beckham get a free kick on the edge of the box shortly after that disallowed goal?

At the end of the day England were not coming home. They had a good night's kip and left early the following morning.

The Scottish are referring to the BBC website as a source of unbiased information? Shurely shome mishtake.
    Edited by: nuttinnew

13. Matt GTi Forum Member

You've gotta do what you gotta do I suppose. I could personally never cheer any other team on other that my own, but then again I am a proper supporter. ;)

14. Enigmatik33 Forum Member

And I'm a proper Scot ;) I support Scotland and anyone playing against England. Well Except the USA, Iraq or Iran cos that's just wrong, [:D]

15. b'locks Forum Addict

funny how Alan Hansen thought it was a disgraceful decision eh?

16. b'locks Forum Addict

and the linesman, who had a much better view of it than the dickhead referee, said it was a goal and saw nothing wrong with it.

17. Matt GTi Forum Member

That just proves to me you are not a proper football fan.

18. b'locks Forum Addict

did he now? so that's why the goal was disallowed? so how do you explain the ref proclaiming that the keeper was "pushed"? blatantly he was talking out of his swiss cheesey arse.

19. Matt GTi Forum Member

At the end of the day, we can argue wether it was the right decision or not till the end of time, but the fact is we are out. I am gutted, but we had a good tournament, and our fans were exemplarey (sp?) even according to the Portugese police.
    England can come from this tournament with their heads held high. We'll be back in 2006. Scotland, probably won't.

20. b'locks Forum Addict

LMFAO!!! :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.