petrol pump prob

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by homerhobson, Nov 7, 2010.

1. homerhobson New Member

Right il keep this short, my clutch went a month ago so i got one and spent all today fitting it, started car ran brilliantly. Did a little maint tyres etc went to start it and it wouldnt, it turned over but wouldnt start. Its then i noticed that when i turned the ignition on instead of the fuel pump running for its usual 3 - 4 seconds before switching off it just kept running. In fact it ran to the point where iy eventually filled all cylenders to the brim which mant the starter couldnt even turn the engine. I have never come across this ever. What i had forgotten to do was connect up the engine earth strap but i cant believe this would cause this, that is now connected but the pump still runs on and on. Is there a fuel preasure switch somewhere or because its filling the cylenders up which i can only pressume means the injectors are all open at once have i buggerd the ECU somehow. Any info would be greatly appreciated as im sick of using my motor bike to work and back. Thanks Ben

2. danster Forum Addict

This will be a digifant gti then.
    Sounds like the earth connection has been left off when you put the box back in and caused the ecu to have a problem.
    Common fault. I think it is the ecu that needs attention. Check all earth first just to be sure.

3. Richard Mk2

Richard Mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

New ECU needed i think!

As Dan said above, check all earths first to be sure :thumbup:

4. EZ_Pete

EZ_Pete Forum Junkie

Ben; you have a Private Message. I may be able to help. :)