Pierburg 2e2 autochoke problem

Discussion in 'Carburettor' started by monkeyonboard, Mar 12, 2009.

1. I have been having some issues with the carb on my golf.

It was giving all the symptoms of the O ring/coolant channel on the inlet manifold being blocked. I took the manifold off and the O ring looked in good condition and was very free flowing when I attached a hose to the outlet and pumped water through it.

when I was trying to test the pull down unit I noticed that the choke flap doesn't appear to be sitting in the closed position as it should.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

when I attached some vac hose and tested the pull down unit it didn't move at all. Seems like I need a new pull down unit but I am concerned about the position that the choke flap is sitting at. Any advice?

thanks

2. EZ_Pete

EZ_Pete Forum Junkie

De-grime it with a kiddie-size toothbrush and carb cleaner as a start, especially the choke flap itself, and surrounding area. It looks mucky enough to be sticking in all that goo. :)

3. thanks pete, it moved freely enough. Just wasn't closing up far enough when cold.

I have replaced the pull down unit and adjusted the positioning of the auto choke so it is in the right position when cold.

this carb is riddled with problems which I am working my way through[:^(] :lol: