Plastic Oil Sump Replacement

Discussion in 'Mk7' started by philkimber, Oct 29, 2016.

1. philkimber Paid Member Paid Member

Hi guys

My girlfriend has managed to crack the plastic oil sump on her Mk7 Gti. Had an hour trawling the net trying to get a replacement - and struggling - but noticed a lot of companies stateside making steel replacements. Is it worth changing it to a steel one, or sticking with plastic and having some form of sump guard in place? Not expecting it to happen again but you never know!

2. MUSHY 16V

MUSHY 16V Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Aye i think I'd be tempted to go for the steel sump myself if it's a direct replacement that it looks to be
    I have a sump guard on my 4motion not sure if you get for the mk7 but worth considering if you keep the plastic sump

3. philkimber Paid Member Paid Member

ended up with a plastic sump bought from the dealer as time not on my side! Interestingly the diesels come with a full size undertray but the petrols dont! Not sure it would hold against a rock though! My uncles a fabricator, hes going to assist with making a sump guard for it...