Polishing parts.

Discussion in 'Tools, Equipment & Fasteners' started by Imteyaz, Oct 6, 2005.

1. Imteyaz Forum Member

Recently, my dad gave me his old (but perfectly working) Sealey compressor as he got a new one. It's a 50ltr jobbie (SA99/50?) and I got the airline and a few tools too. I was hoping to invest in a 'polishing tool' to brighten up a few parts like the inlet manifold and certain brackets but I'm not sure what tool(s) are needed.

Can anybody can point me in the right direction of what (and where) to buy these tools and what sort of prices to expect.

TIA,

2. nwmlarge Forum Member

machine mart?

3. jamie In Delete Queue

4. druids16v New Member

you can also get the bits your after at halfords.

you can get a die grinder for about 40 from clarke tools or halfords.

frost do the best polishing kits the heavy duty kit 45 ish has everything you will need. assuming you have a decent drill or air grinder. it has 3 abbrasive mops and then 3 further mops for the final finish. plus lots of smaller polishing bobs for getting into tight areas. you can use the kit to polish your alloys too.

as a tip dont mix your polishing abbrasives (use the correct bar of polishing abbrasive with each mop). clean the surface with some degreaser between each polishing stage. work over the area very slowly and take you time dont put to much pressure on the mop as your polishing.

polishing is really time consuming ive spent the last 2 months (evenings) doing the cam cover the upper and lower manifold the fan housing and the front slam panel (top part).

they do look really nice although im yet to fit the parts. they should brighten up the engine bay very nicely. wheels are up next