Polo 6n2 Gti AGU conversion wiring

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by Driftbug, Oct 2, 2023.

1. Driftbug New Member

Good morning team.

so I acquired a clean 3dr 6n2 gti from a friend recently, I dropped an AGU 20vt in and got it mechanically 70% of the way then and then ignored it for 6 months.

I’m now on to wiring and unlike the mk3 golf I did, there isn’t much info on pin outs to support the conversion. Those that know, will also understand that the 6n2 bay and engine ecu loom are all wrapped together so it’s all gotta come out

Who’s done the conversion before and has anyone got any pinout diagrams for my ecu / car please

Last edited: Oct 2, 2023
  2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

wiring diagrams in my signature link

the way I do it is untape the engine side back to ecu plug, strip out everything which goes from ecu plug to engine plugs. Make note of any plugs which share feeds back to fusebox, these will mostly be handy for the 20v harness later on. all the ecu wiring back to fusebox reference to diagram keeping the ones you need i.e. fuel relay trigger and tape up the ones you dont such as throttle pedal (you might want to go DBW later)

you'll need to add maf wiring in as the polo wont have one, lambda you can re-use the power for the old one so thats all good. I also wire in the T10/14a plug then the main 20v sensor harness wiring loom will just plug in, apart from that as its an AGU its pretty easy

3. Driftbug New Member

A big help thank you!