Polo troubles

Discussion in '8-valve' started by GTijohn, Oct 6, 2008.

1. GTijohn Forum Member

Hello all,

My girlfriend's having a spot of bother with her 00 polo 1L.
    Recently the EPC light has been coming on and the engine started hunting as if it was going to cut out.
    Could this be air flow meter or dirty inlet manifold?
    With an engine management light on it sounds like a sensor.
    Anyone know which ones to check?

Thanks

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

in our SEAT manual it says this might be an accellerator pedal fault? seems a bit odd if you ask me. perhaps try a new coolant sensor, its a 4 pin one i think on that car, ive heard there are 2 types the older square one and a newer rounded one. The dash gauge on ours has packed in which is linked to this sensor as well!

3. GTijohn Forum Member

thanks for the reply,
    Would there be any increase in the temperature gauge if it was the coolant sensor?

4. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

afaik the ecu and dash parts in the sensor are seperate, so one could fail while the other still works. On our SEAT the dash is dead but the engine works just fine! Theres a geezer on ebay who sells both types of sensor, the rounded green one is a gen VAG one, and I'm going to purchase said sensor as soon as she gets back so I can confirm which of the 2 sensors I need :lol: