+++ power to 9a other that ABF/KR cams ?

Discussion in '16-valve' started by karmannski, Apr 10, 2015.

1. karmannski New Member

Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
  2. SimonG Forum Member

These are pretty basic upgrades for the 9A and won't cost the earth to do, bit of extra breathing helps. Those mods have been completed on vehicles with a 9A/ABF(from what I have seen on here) that run the basic K-Jet setup as per Mk2 Golf/Jetta. But I haven't seen these applied to the KE-Motronic as per the 9A. You many have to bear in mind that KE-Motronic is quite complex in operation over that of the K-Jet. You may get away with those simple mods with no issues.

That link you included, I can't help there but appears to involve removing one of the tooted wheel 90 degrees. :p

3. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

What year is your Corrado?
    It should be fitted with a cylinder head with a casting number 051 103 373 D.

If that is the case, you need the inlet cam from a Golf 3 16v to match the exhaust cam. ABF inlet should have '51 101' engraved in it, Later 9A, ADL and ACE intake cams '51 101A' engraved in it. The ABF inlet has more duration and higher lift than the 9A/ADL/ACE inlet cam.

The Motronic system fitted is designed to run at lambda 1 at idle and part loads but will allow sufficient fuel to notice a different with the ABF inlet camshaft.

If the engine is an early 9A, with a 051 103 373 head, then your inlet cam will need to be from a KR engine to match the exhaust cam.

4. karmannski New Member

That is correct Toyotec my head is late type and numbers starts from 051... and I'm planing to put 2xabf cams...
    Or do I just need the inlet one realy?

How many more brakes will I reach you recon?
    +ABF inlet cam+KR inlet maniflod+drilled Air box with K&N?

btw I'm hunting for ABF cams.. :)