Pristine Alloy's in MK - anyone used them?

Discussion in 'Wheels and Tyres' started by D.O.D, Apr 23, 2010.

1. D.O.D Paid Member Paid Member

Hi,

Anyone used Pristine Alloy's in Milton Keynes before?

I've had a quote to get my wheels re-furbed from a place in Derby which then send them off to Pristine for them to work their magic. I just wondered if anyone on here has used them and their views/opinions please before I part with my money.

Thanks

2. muppet9966 Forum Member

I went to see them to see if they could straighten my buckled BBS RA - they couldnt :(

3. Mike_H Forum Addict

Pritesh - Hit the RAs with a big hammer and a block of wood. The Alloy is pretty soft, so they usually bend back rather than breaking.

@ D.O.D - getting it ready for the show season?

4. danster Forum Addict

I could come down and bash the dent out with Nigel!:lol:

5. bertelli_1 Forum Member

We use Pristine a lot at work, the quality is generally very good.

6. Admin Guest

i'd hope so for the money they charge

7. MK1G20VT Forum Member

What sort of money do they charge? I couldnt find any prices on their website?

8. Admin Guest

i was quoted near 400 to refurb my P slots, which i have done myself for a lot less than 100

9. Supercharged Forum Member

The finish is very good on simple alloys like Speedlines / Solitudes etc and the price is reasonable...

My local Audi dealer uses them but the only issues I have heard of is a set of BBS multispokes a friend of mine sent down to them, had to go back 3 times before the finish was good - paint coverage poor with runs in places. Difficult wheels to do but the lack of quality control astounded me, especially after sending them back once!

I would use them but maybe not for anything complicated or in need of repair.

10. MK1G20VT Forum Member

Holly **** that is expensive especially for 14" wheels!!

11. beaniegti

beaniegti Forum Member

wtf??! 400 for some p-slots :lol::lol::lol: thats outrageous!

12. Peter Forum Member

13. muppet9966 Forum Member

Really?
    But knowing me, I will probably make them worse. :lol::lol::lol:

Golf is now on my drive with axel stands holding the **** up :lol:

14. D.O.D Paid Member Paid Member

Well I've not been quoted that much. Mine are diamond cut, so painted then lathed (however it's spelt [:s] ), so I'm hoping a good job and as good as new can be achieved. Been told it'd take about a week maximum and judging from Pristine's site I get a similar set of wheels put on so I can still drive around, not too bad for the fee.

Mike H - sort of getting it ready, my own fault for not properly cleaning them after I put the winter shoes on so now I pay the price [:^(]

Muppet9966 - you giving the wheels an attempt?

Danster - Nigel bashing is wrong :lol:

15. MK1G20VT Forum Member

Jesus! that guy in the M5 thread needs to get a life! Theres being fussy and then there is being nuts, who would measure the microns of paint applied to the wheel or any part of a car. Look like the company do a proper job though the guy he was speaking to must have the patients of a saint.

16. danster Forum Addict

My local wheel refurb business charges about 40 a rim to blast them and powder coat.
    You are getting something a bit different done with the lathe work, which will take a fair bit extra time to set up. If they are lending you some wheels and fitting them while they refurb yours, and removing, refitting and balancing your tyres from the P slots too, I suppose it begins to add up a bit.

As your other thread got deleted I would like to remind you that I am available for "hire" on the weekend of "boardmasters" so let me know your thoughts and get back in touch so we can arrange.....

[YOUTUBE]gXNhL4J_S00[/YOUTUBE]

17. funbagjuggler Forum Member

I usethem for wheels I want diamond cut
    Like these
    http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh1/funbagjuggler/DSCF1423.jpg
    http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh1/funbagjuggler/DSCF1424.jpg
    http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh1/funbagjuggler/DSCF1425.jpg
    These were proper scabby n flakey paint before.
    They charged me 150 + Vat to strip,powder,diamond cut then clear powder laquer.
    I did provide the powder tho,mate has his own company,but cant diamond cut.

For reference,my mate'll blast n powder coat RMs/RSs for 120......

Pristine did these RH's about 5 years ago for 200 + VAT
    http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh1/funbagjuggler/4595_90141575903_522095903_2251274_.jpg

Gavin

18. D.O.D Paid Member Paid Member

Nice one funbagjuggler, looks like a good refurb then done yours along with the deep dish ones mmm :)

I unfortunately won't be providing them with anything, so full whack for me so save up my pennies....

19. a18tyw New Member

there the dons of wheel re-furbising, no - not the cheapest, but ive had loads of wheels diamond cut / laqured & my local pick up point is the ford garage (foc tyre removal/fitting/postage!!!!!!!!!)

oh - dont do a one off to see "what it comes out like" as this can be twice as much than a set (each).

20. Phil. Forum Junkie

Our work (main dealer) was using them recently to refurbish wheels under warranty for the manufacturer.

Needless to say, very expensive but top quality job done better than the original wheels form the supplier.