Problem with Mk4 FKs Highsports

Discussion in 'Chassis' started by just_say_meth, Oct 22, 2007.

1. Need a bit of help fitting my FK Highsports.
    My friend recently helped me fitting them but we didnt do a good job and got it all wrong.
    Now that I know the correct method, with new top mounts I am now stuck on the nut that goes on 1st, we used the nuts off the original mk4 suspension, however the cap (thats usaly sits on top of spring) wont sit correct on this nut? It wont sit around the lip of the nut or exectly on top of it, you can hold it steady on it but by the time you put top mount on it and back on car theres no way its right imo.
    So could someone maybe show what you get in the FK kit as I think I have lost or misplaced this nut for this cap to sit on, or is this cap needed at all or any information at all? Anyone still got any parts list or instructions?

Pics:

[​IMG]

The nut

[​IMG]

The cap, obviously this is what happens when you try to place top mount on it, falls off so easily?and just does not sit correct.

[​IMG]

How it should look to put on car?????

Any advice would be helpful as car is off the road!
    Tried contacting FK direct for a set of instructions or part list but no luck! L
    TIA