Project 'oh my god'

Discussion in 'Say 'hello' in here.' started by Cressa, Aug 12, 2021.

1. Cressa Paid Member Paid Member

Hi to everyone. Thought I should join as I have a project mk2 early 8v GTi that needs a lot of time, love and an occasional miracle.
    When allowed I shall start a thread about the car.
    Me, well I was a club GTi member in the 90s when I had my Mk1 GTi and later when I had my mk3 GTi 16v. For the last 6 years I have been restoring my Corrado VR6 which is safely tucked up in the garage.
    My daily is a Passat estate and I've just bought my daughter a cheap Vw Fox to learn to drive in. So I must be a VW lunatic.
    Hopefully you will join me on the journey of getting this car back on the road and , GWENDOLINE the golf, can benefit from your wisdom and experiences
    Strangely I work around the corner from the Gateway Hotel where club GTi was born ( now a hilton) and I still have my old rabbit magazines and the 1st GTi magazines.
    So I have purchased a non running 1986 C-plate 8v GTi 5dr in White who needs a lot of time and money spending on her.
    Message to self..... Never bid on a car during a euro cup final at half time whilst drinking. As you may just have to travel from Sheffield to Kent to fetch it !!!
    Oh my God.

Simon Peter Dodgson likes this.
  2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

Hello and welcome back! Just linked your forum account to your membership account, you should be able to upload pics and enter the members areas no problem :)

3. Tristan

Tristan Paid Member Paid Member

Tuned in for more!

4. PhilRyder

PhilRyder Paid Member Paid Member

Should be good :thumbup:

5. Cressa Paid Member Paid Member

Cheers for that

6. afbiker02

afbiker02 Paid Member Paid Member

cant wait to see more of this and welcome back

7. Cressa Paid Member Paid Member

Thanks for the welcome. I have started a thread called Gwendoline the golf as apparently that is the cars name!!
    Strangely I found a picture of the 1989 G plate GTi Cabriolet I owned in the late 1990s and I even forget to mention the mk5 Gti Edition30 that I had 10 years ago. In Red and that car was awesome. I would probably swap the VR6 for that
    But this little C-plate GTi is going to take a miracle at times to get it back to a decent standard